We need to show public support for plain packaging to counter the tobacco industry’s multi-million dollar lobbying campaign. The Take Action site, a joint initiative of the Canadian Cancer Society, the Canadian Lung Association and the Heart and Stroke Foundation, has an easy way to send an email to your MP to let them know that you support plain packaging.
Do what you can to send a letter by email to your MP, and also to broadly promote the Take Action site, which is found here:
The email will be sent to a person’s MP based on postal code, and will be copied to the Minister of Health, Conservative and NDP party leaders and health critics, and key Senators.
Please promote the site by:
- Sending an email yourself
- Asking your co-workers, friends, family to do so
- Emailing your networks, asking them to take action
- Promoting the website on social media
- Asking people at meetings to take a moment to do so using their mobile device (the short url that is easy to convey orally is takeaction.cancer.ca – once there go to “Canada” for the national Take Action campaign)
- Engaging youth and students for their support
- Other means
On the Take Action site, sending a letter by email is easy. There is a letter already drafted – individuals can add their own comments if desired.
Thanks everyone for your support as we seek to counter the tobacco industry’s multi-million dollar lobbying campaign against plain packaging. The Take Action site is a joint initiative of the Canadian Cancer Society, the Canadian Lung Association and the Heart and Stroke Foundation.