Smoke-Free Nova Scotia has one membership category that organizations can apply for. This membership pays an annual fee of $300.
The Society consists of the following class of membership namely:
Agency Members – Agency membership in the Society will be open to any agency, organization and/or institution supporting the Objectives/Mission/Vision/Values of the Society. Every Agency member of the Society shall be entitled to have a maximum of three representatives attend any meeting of the Society. These members will be recognized on all materials and promotions of the Society when possible. They will have one vote per agency on all major issues.
- All agencies shall be admitted in accordance with these by-laws, and none others shall be members of the Society, and their names shall be entered in the Register of Members accordingly. Membership may only be granted in one class of membership.
- Membership fees are due thirty days after the beginning of the fiscal year (April 1). Any member who does not pay their membership dues in full within 90 days of the due date forfeits all rights and privileges of membership until they pay their dues.
- A member Agency may be expelled from the Coalition by a two-thirds vote of the Directors present and eligible to vote at the meeting of the Board called to consider expulsion. The member on behalf of the Agency may address the Board before the expulsion vote is taken.
- Membership shall not be transferable.
- Canadian Cancer Society-Nova Scotia Division
- Cancer Care Nova Scotia
- College of Dental Hygienists of Nova Scotia
- Doctors Nova Scotia
- Heart and Stroke Foundation, Nova Scotia
- IWK Health Centre
- Lung Association of Nova Scotia
- Nova Scotia Association of Optometrists
- Nova Scotia Dental Association
- Nova Scotia Health Authority – Central Zone
- Nova Scotia Health Authority – Eastern Zone
- Nova Scotia Health Authority – Northern Zone
- Nova Scotia Health Authority – Western Zone
- Smoke Free Kings